Tuesday 29 June 1948
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles McCorquodale and Loncoln Gordon.
A Foreign Affair, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Winner Take All.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1948!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1948 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Charles McCorquodale: Art historian.
- Loncoln Gordon: Rocker.
- Fred Grandy in Sioux City: Iowa, USA; actor (Gopher - The Love Boat) / politician (Representive-Republican-Iowa).
- Fred Grandy: American actor in the TV genres of comedy, satire, science-fiction and action and political thrillers.
- Sean Bergin: South African-Dutch saxophonist and flute player (d. 2012).
- Ian Paice: English drummer songwriter and producer (Deep Purple and Paice Ashton Lord)
- Usha Prashar: Baroness Prashar Kenyan-English politician
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?