Thursday 29 June 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Destination Moon, directed by Irving Pichel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1950!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1950 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Bobby London: American illustrator.
- Don Moen: American singer-songwriter and producer.
- Michael Whelan: American painter and illustrator.
- Dominique Kindermans: Belgian Wicca Grand Priestess Supreme of the Belgian Church of Satan, the soul-mate of Desmedt, her lover and partner.
- Mitchel Evans: American mime, a member of the "Los Angeles Mime Troup" in 1974.
- Yves Lyon-Caen: French business executive, the Chief Operating Officer and Chairman of the Management Board at Béri 21, a holding company of Bénéteau SA.
- US beats England 1-0 in a world cup soccer game (next win in 1994)
- West Indies beat England by 326 runs thanks Ramadhin and Valentine
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?