Monday 29 June 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Billy Hinsche and Rosa Mota.
In UK I Believe by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Stalag 17, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Billy Bean and His Funny Machine.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1953!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1953 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Billy Hinsche: Rocker.
- Rosa Mota: Port marathoner (1988 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Colin Hay: British-Australian lead singer, guitarist and member of the rock group "Men at Work.
- Don Dokken: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Dokken).
- Jules van Nuffel: Composer, dies at 70.
- XETV TV channel 6 in Tijuana-San Diego, CA (IND) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?