Friday 29 June 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Somebody Up There Likes Me, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1956!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1956 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Pedro Santana Lopes: Portuguese politician, former Prime Minister.
- Nick Fry: CEO of Mercedes GP Formula One team.
- David Mattingly: American illustrator and painter.
- Pedro Guerrero: Dominican-American baseball player and manager.
- Pedro Lopes: Portuguese lawyer and politician 118th Prime Minister of Portugal.
- A Kumar: Indian economist and academic
- Pyotr Vasilevsky: Belarusian footballer and manager (d. 2012)
- Johan[nes F] Bakker Jr: Actor, dies at 62.
- Federal interstate highway system act signed
- Prime Minister Drees refuses resignation of Queen Juliana (Greet Hofmans)
- The US Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1956 is signed, officially creating the United States Interstate Highway System.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?