Saturday 29 June 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maria Conchita Alonso and Paolo De Vita.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
An Affair to Remember, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Richard Diamond, Private Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1957!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1957 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Maria Conchita Alonso: Cuba -- Actress (Moscow on the Hudson).
- Paolo De Vita: Italian film and television actor, who debuted on television in 1984 with the TV series Aeroporto internazionale (International Airport), followed by the 1985 miniseries Un siciliano in Sicilia (A Sicilian in Sicily) directed by Pino Passalacqua.
- Neil Perry: Chef.
- Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow: Turkmen dentist and politician 2nd President of Turkmenistan.
- María Alonso: Cuban-Venezuelan singer and actress.
- Robert Forster: Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Go-Betweens and Tuff Monks)
- Michael Nutter: American politician 98th Mayor of Philadelphia
- Terry Wyatt: English physicist and academic
- Malenkov, Molotov, Kaganowitsj and Sjepilov leave USSR communist party
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 June 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- Patti Page - Old Cape Cod
- Ricky Nelson - A Teenager's Romance
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?