Sunday 29 June 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
King Creole, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1958!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1958 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Leslie Browne: NYC, New York -- Ballerina (Turning Point).
- Richard Mettee: Horse trainer.
- Dieter Althaus: German politician.
- Jeff Coopwood: American actor, broadcaster and singer.
- Rosa Mota: Portuguese marathon runner.
- Mark Radcliffe: English singer and radio host (Shirehorses and The Family Mahone)
- Ralf Rangnick: German footballer and manager
- Charles Spencelayh: English painter and academic (d. 1958).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Bobby Freeman - Do You Want To Dance
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- Jan and Arnie - Jennie Lee
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?