Monday 29 June 1959
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK Roulette by Russ Conway was in the top 5 hits.
The Hound of the Baskervilles, directed by Terence Fisher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1959!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1959 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Mark Lasalle: American homicide victim.
- Edward F Humenik: Detroit, Michigan -- PGA golfer (1994 Kmart Greater-2nd).
- Kim Hiett: Jockey.
- Buren Fowler: American guitarist (Drivin N Cryin) (d. 2014).
- A Cecil Snyder: Chief Justice of Puerto Rico, dies at age 51.
- Pope John XXIII 1st encyclical On truth, unity, and peace, in charity
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Connie Francis - Lipstick On Your Collar
- Freddy Cannon - Tallahassee Lassie
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- The Coasters - Along Came Jones
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?