Thursday 29 June 1961
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kimberlin Brown and Greg Hetson.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Quarter To Three by Gary U.S. Bonds.
In UK Surrender by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Rocco and His Brothers, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kraft Mystery Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1961!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1961 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Kimberlin Brown: American actress.
- Greg Hetson: American singer and guitarist (Bad Religion Circle Jerks Black President and Redd Kross).
- Sharon Lawrence: American actress singer and dancer.
- Launch of Transit 4a, with first nuclear power supply (SNAP-3).
- Willie Mays is 4th major leaguer with 3 or more HRs twice in a season
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Dee Clark - Raindrops
- Pat Boone - Moody River
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Ricky Nelson - Travelin' Man
- Adam Wade - The Writing On The Wall
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Pips - Every Beat Of My Heart
- Little Caesar and the Romans - Those Oldies But Goodies (Remind Me Of You)
- Ben E. King - Stand By Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?