Saturday 29 June 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Great Escape, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1963 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Anne-Sophie Mutter in Rheinfeldin: Germany; violinist (Berlin Philharmonic).
- Khalid El-Masri: Kuwaiti-German kidnapped victim.
- Anne-Sophie Mutter: German violinist.
- Tracey E Bregman: Munich, Germany -- Actress (Lauren - Bold and the Beautiful).
- Little Me closes at Lunt-Fontanne Theater NYC after 257 performances
- SVB, Students Unions, established under Barrel Regtien
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Jan & Dean - Surf City
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- The Essex - Easier Said Than Done
- Barbara Lewis - Hello Stranger
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- Bobby Vinton - Blue On Blue
- Lonnie Mack - Memphis
- The Chiffons - One Fine Day
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?