Thursday 29 June 1967
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Windy by The Association.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
The Dirty Dozen, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1967!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1967 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Melora Hardin: TV Actress.
- John Feldmann: Rock Singer.
- John Wehner: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Infielder (Pittsburgh Pirates).
- Melora Hardin in Houston: Texas, USA; actress (Family Tree, Best Times).
- Jeff Burton: American race car driver.
- Murray Foster: Canadian bassist and double-bassist (Moxy Fruvous, Great Big Sea)
- Seamus McGarvey: Irish cinematographer
- Keith Richards is sentenced to 1 year in jail on drugs charge
- Israel removes barricades, re-unifying Jerusalem.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Windy
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- The Turtles - She'd Rather Be With Me
- Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair)
- Petula Clark - Don't Sleep In The Subway
- Every Mothers' Son - Come On Down To My Boat
- The Grass Roots - Let's Live For Today
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?