Thursday 29 June 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Song Sung Blue by Neil Diamond.
In UK Vincent by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Duck, You Sucker, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1972!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1972 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Nawal Al Zoghbi: Lebanese singer.
- Samantha Smith in Houlton: Missouri, USA; actress (Elizabeth - Lime Street).
- Nawal Zoghbi: Pop Singer.
- DJ Shadow: American DJ and producer (Unkle).
- Samantha Smith: American actress author and activist (d. 1985).
- Supreme Court rules (5-4) that Death Penalty is cruel and unusual
- USSR launches Prognoz 2 into earth orbit (549 / 200,000 km)
- US Supreme Court rules death penalty usually was "cruel and unusual punishment".
- The U.S. Supreme Court rules the death penalty could constitute ''cruel and unusual punishment''.
- ''Furman v. Georgia'': The Supreme Court of the United States rules that capital punishment is unconstitutional.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
- Jimmy Castor - Troglodyte (Cave Man)
- Gallery - Nice To Be With You
- Elton John - Rocket Man
- America - I Need You
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?