Friday 29 June 1973
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sofia Aram and George Hincapie.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth) by George Harrison.
In UK Can The Can by Suzi Quatro was in the top 5 hits.
40 Carats, directed by Milton Katselas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Match Game 73.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1973!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1973 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Sofia Aram: French humourist, stage actress, of Moroccan descent.
- George Hincapie: Queens, New York -- Road cyclist (1992, 96 Olympics).
- German Valdes: Mexican actor (Born 1915).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 June 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- Sylvia - Pillow Talk
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- The Doobie Brothers - Long Train Runnin'
- Dr. John - Right Place Wrong Time
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?