Saturday 29 June 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sundown by Gordon Lightfoot.
In UK The Streak by Ray Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Red Fern Grows, directed by Norman Tokar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1974!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1974 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Ted Giannous: San Diego, California -- Actor (KGB Chicken).
- Military coup in Ethiopia
- Isabel Peron is sworn in as the first female President of Argentina. Her husband, President Juan Peron, had delegated responsibility due to weak health and died two days later.
- Mikhail Baryshnikov defects from the Soviet Union to Canada while on tour with Bolshoi Ballet.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got
- Olivia Newton-John - If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
- The Hues Corporation - Rock The Boat
- Kool & The Gang - Hollywood Swinging
- Paul McCartney - Band On The Run
- George McCrae - Rock Your Baby
- John Denver - Annie's Song
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?