Wednesday 29 June 1977
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky) by Bill Conti.
In UK Lucille by Kenny Rogers was in the top 5 hits.
Sorcerer, directed by William Friedkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1977.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1977!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1977 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Shannon Boxx: Soccer Player.
- Sam Bailey: Pop Singer.
- Sotiris Liberopoulos: Greek footballer.
- Zuleikha Robinson: English actress and singer.
- Sharon Cripps: Australian 100m / 200m (1996 Olympics).
- Tania Joy Gibson: Lake Barrington, Illinois -- Miss America - Illinois (1997)
- Magda Lupescu: Romanian wife of Carol II of Romania (d. 1977).
- Supreme Court rules out death penalty for rapists of adults
- Willie Stargell hits his 400th career HR
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bill Conti - Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky)
- Alan O'Day - Undercover Angel
- Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (Part 1)
- Shaun Cassidy - Da Doo Ron Ron
- Barry Manilow - Looks Like We Made It
- Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
- Andy Gibb - I Just Want To Be Your Everything
- Hot - Angel In Your Arms
- Steve Miller Band - Jet Airliner
- Jimmy Buffett - Margaritaville
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?