Monday 29 June 1981
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes.
In UK Being With You by Smokey Robinson was in the top 5 hits.
Dragonslayer, directed by Matthew Robbins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1981!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1981 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Nicolas Vuyovich: Argentine racing driver (d. 2005).
- Joe Johnson: American basketball player.
- Nino : Greek singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Shmuly Yanklowitz: American rabbi author and educator.
- Nicolás Vuyovich: Argentinian race car driver (d. 2005).
- Mohammed Hussein Beheshti: Iran ayatollah / politician, murdered.
- Bomb attack on headquarters of Islamic Party in Teheran, 72 killed
- Hu Yaobang succeeds Hua Guofeng as leader of China PR
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Rick Springfield - Jessie's Girl
- Stars On 45 - Medley
- Air Supply - The One That You Love
- George Harrison - All Those Years Ago
- Joey Scarbury - Theme From The Greatest American Hero (Believe It Or Not)
- Kenny Rogers - I Don't Need You
- Ray Parker Jr. - A Woman Needs Love (Just Like You Do)
- Oak Ridge Boys - Elvira
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - You Make My Dreams
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?