Friday 29 June 1984
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Reflex by Duran Duran.
In UK Wake Me Up Before You Go Go by Wham! was in the top 5 hits.
Bachelor Party, directed by Neal Israel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Full Circle by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1984.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1984!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1984 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Derek Lee Rock: American drummer (Melee, Suburban Legends).
- Blair Dreelan: Pop Singer.
- Christopher Egan: Australian actor.
- Han Ji-hye: South Korean actress and model.
- Paula Peralejo: Filipino actress.
- Orel Hershiser begins string of making every sched start until 1990
- Pete Rose plays in record 3,309th game, surpassing Carl Yastrzemski
- USSR offers to start talking about banning Strategic Defence Initiative.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark
- Prince - When Doves Cry
- Laura Branigan - Self Control
- Pointer Sisters - Jump (For My Love)
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
- Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
- Billy Idol - Eyes Without A Face
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- Mike Reno & Ann Wilson - Almost Paradise
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?