Saturday 29 June 1985
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Steven Hauschka and Quintin Demps.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Heaven by Bryan Adams.
In UK You'll Never Walk Alone by The Crowd was in the top 5 hits.
The Emerald Forest, directed by John Boorman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Skeleton Crew by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Doris Day's Best Friends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Commando or Fairlight.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1985!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1985 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
Famous Birthdays:29 June
- STS 51-F vehicle moves to launch pad
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 June 1985
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bryan Adams - Heaven
- Phil Collins - Sussudio
- Duran Duran - A View To A Kill
- Prince - Raspberry Beret
- Madonna - Angel
- Survivor - The Search Is Over
- Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World
- Eurythmics - Would I Lie To You?
- Howard Jones - Things Can Only Get Better
- Mary Jane Girls - In My House
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?