Sunday 29 June 1986
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to On My Own by Patti LaBelle.
In UK Spirit In The Sky by Doctor & The Medics was in the top 5 hits.
The Great Mouse Detective, directed by Ron Clements, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Last Of The Breed by Louis L'Amour was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1986.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1986!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1986 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Edward Maya: Composer.
- Serena Deeb: Wrestler.
- Iya Villania: Australian-Filipino actress singer and dancer.
- José Jurado: Spanish footballer.
- Argentina becomes world champion soccer team (3-2 against W-Germany)
- Sandra Palmer wins LPGA Mayflower Golf Classic
- Boston Red Sox trade for Tom Seaver.
- Sparky Anderson is first to win 600 games as manager in both American baseball leagues.
- Argentina defeats West Germany 3–2 to win the 1986 FIFA World Cup.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Patti LaBelle - On My Own
- Billy Ocean - There'll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry)
- The Jets - Crush On You
- Simply Red - Holding Back The Years
- Howard Jones - No One Is To Blame
- El DeBarge - Who's Johnny (Short Circuit Theme)
- George Michael - A Different Corner
- Genesis - Invisible Touch
- Janet Jackson - Nasty
- Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?