Thursday 29 June 1989
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Baby Don't Forget My Number by Milli Vanilli.
In UK Sealed With A Kiss by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Weekend at Bernie's, directed by Ted Kotcheff, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Russia House by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1989!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1989 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Emmy 16th Daytime Award presentation - Susan Lucci loses for 10th time
- Susan Lucci loses daytime emmy for 10th straight year
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Milli Vanilli - Baby Don't Forget My Number
- Fine Young Cannibals - Good Thing
- Richard Marx - Satisfied
- Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
- Simply Red - If You Don't Know Me By Now
- Madonna - Express Yourself
- Donna Summer - This Time I Know It's For Real
- Cyndi Lauper - I Drove All Night
- Natalie Cole - Miss You Like Crazy
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?