Saturday 29 June 1996
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Tha Crossroads by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
In UK Three Lions by Baddiel & Skinner and The Lightning Seeds was in the top 5 hits.
Criss Cross, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Runaway Jury by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1996!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1996 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 June
- Alexander George Ogston: Biochemist, dies at 85.
- Bobby Keetch: Footballer / entrepreneur, dies at 54.
- Pamela Mason: American minor actress whose films included "I Met A Murderer," "The Upturned Glass," "Lady Possessed" and whose TV credits featured "The Pamela Mason Show" and "My Wicked, Wicked Ways.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
- 2 Pac - How Do U Want It
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Adam Clayton & Larry Mullen - Theme From Mission Impossible
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
- Alanis Morissette - Ironic
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?