Friday 29 June 2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
Sunshine, directed by Danny Boyle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 2007!
Which were the important events of 29 June 2007 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Baby Andre: British baby of noted couple, model Katie Price whose professional name is simply "Jordan" and her husband Peter Andre.
- Andre: Family Member.
- Edward Yang: Taiwanese-American director and screenwriter (d. 2007).
- Apple's new iPhone is released in the USA.
- Two car bombs are found at Piccadilly Circus, in the heart of London.
- The EPR nuclear power plant, under construction in Finland and 18 months behind schedule, is reported as having a number of safety-related design and manufacturing ampquotdeficiencies.ampquot (New Scientist)
- Spanish scientists find fossil evidence of humans living in Europe over a million years ago in Burgos, Spain. (Xinhua via the Hindu)
- Rebels unsuccessfully try to assassinate Guillaume Soro, Prime Minister of Ivory Coast, but kill three others in a rocket attack. (Bloomberg)
- At least 13 people die in clashes between militants and Indian security forces in Jammu and Kashmir. (BBC)
- The European Union revises its list of designated terrorist organizations, removing Anti-Imperialist Territorial Units, Unit for Revolutionary Proletarian Initiative, and Units for Proletarian Initiative while adding Revolutionary Struggle. (Payvand)
- After 16 years of existence, the (U.S.) National Football League announces that it will shut down its European operation known as NFL Europa, with immediate effect. (NFL.com)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?