Friday 29 June 2012
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen.
Girl with Hyacinths, directed by Hasse Ekman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Fifty Shades Freed by E L James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jaffa Factory.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Deer Drive Legends or Lego The Lord of the Rings.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 2012!
Which were the important events of 29 June 2012 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 June
- Mexican Drug War: A car bomb explodes outside the city hall in the Mexican border city of Nuevo Laredo, injuring 7 bystanders. This is the third car bomb in Nuevo Laredo this year, and much of the violence is blamed on the country's most powerful cartels: Los Zetas and the Sinaloa Cartel. (''San Antonio Express-News'')
- Syrian uprising (2011–present):
- Syrian President Bashar al-Assad states that Syria will not accept a foreign solution to their problem. (Al Jazeera)
- Syrian helicopter gunships reportedly bombard a strategic town in northern Syria overnight and tanks move close to Aleppo. (MSNBC)
- A man self-immolates in Birmingham city centre in a case reminiscent of Mohamed Bouazizi. (''The Guardian'')
- The GPS system of a flying drone is ampquothackedampquot in Texas, USA. (BBC)
- Sixteen Naxalite Maoist insurgents are killed by Central Reserve Police Force in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh. (DNA)
- Rampant sexual abuse is uncovered in the British police, with victims of crime among those targeted by sexual predators. (''The Guardian'')
- Three bombs in the Iraqi city of Balad kill at least six people and injure 45. (Reuters)
- A controversial beauty pageant for survivors of The Holocaust is held for the first time in the Israeli city of Haifa. Critics describe it as ampquotoffensiveampquot and ampquotmacabre.ampquot (''The Times of Israel'')
- The sunken Italian World War II flagship ''Roma'' is discovered off the coast of Sardinia. (''Die Zeit'')
- Alternative rock band The Flaming Lips set a new Guinness World Record for performing the most live shows in different cities over 24 hours. (BBC)
- ''People'' magazine reports that American actors Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes have announced they will be getting a divorce after five years of marriage. (BBC)
- Pop star Adele is pregnant with her first child. (BBC)
- Bob Diamond, the chief executive of Barclays bank, refuses to resign over the bank's role in manipulating interest rates. (BBC)
- Crisis in the European Union:
- European Union leaders agree to use a bailout fund to recapitalise struggling banks and to work on a plan for tighter budgetary and political union. (AP via ''USA Today'')
- World stock markets soar over news of European Union members agreeing on a deal to help some struggling Eurozone members. (CNN)
- A fast-moving line of storms knocks out power to nearly four million people in the Mid-Atlantic states of the US and kills one person in Springfield, Virginia. (AP via WVEC)
- The South American trade bloc Mercosur suspends Paraguay's membership following the impeachment of Fernando Lugo but will not impose sanctions. (AP via ''Business Week'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in June 2012?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?