Friday 29 March 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Read and Pearl Bailey.
The Blue Bird, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1918!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1918 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- John Read: CEO (TSB Group).
- Pearl Bailey: American entertainer in vaudeville, night clubs, films and records.
- François Grossouvre: French politician charged in 1981 by newly elected president François Mitterrand with overseeing national security and other sensitive matters, in particular those concerning Lebanon, Syria, Tunisia, Morocco, Gabon, the Persian Gulf countries, Pakistan and the two Koreas.
- Sam Walton: American entrepreneur, the founder of Wal-Mart and Sam's Club and personification of the American Dream of self-made success.
- Stefano Pascolini: Italy Military man.
- Lê Thiêm: Vietnamese mathematician and academic (d. 1991)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'm All Bound Round with the Mason Dixon Line - Al Jolson
- Wait Till the Cows Come Home - Prince's Orchestra
- La Capricieuse - Jascha Heifetz
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?