Sunday 29 March 1936
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Ecstasy, directed by Gustav Machat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1936!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1936 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- John A Durkin: American politician.
- Richard Bennett: English-American composer and educator (d. 2012).
- Mogens Camre: Danish politician.
- John Durkin: American lawyer and politician (d. 2012).
- Judith Guest: American author and screenwriter.
- Joseph Teasdale: American lawyer and politician 48th Governor of Missouri (d. 2014)
- Richard Rodney Bennett: Broadstairs Kent, England -- Composer
- 10,000 watch the 200 mirror blank passing through Indianapolis
- Nazi propaganda claims 99 percent of Germans voted for Nazi candidates.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 March 1936 and get them!