Wednesday 29 March 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Terence Hill and Jean-Marie Vanlerenberghe.
Dodge City, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1939 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Terence Hill: Italian-German-American film actor, who debuted onscreen in 1962.
- Jean-Marie Vanlerenberghe: French politician, an engineer by training, who served as mayor of Arras from June 1995 to February 2011.
- Mario Girotti: Italy Actor.
- Roland Arnall: French-American businessman and diplomat 63rd United States Ambassador to the Netherlands (d. 2008).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 March 1939
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?