Wednesday 29 March 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Dodge City, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1939 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Roland Arnall: French-American businessman and diplomat 63rd United States Ambassador to the Netherlands (d. 2008).
- Jean-Marie Vanlerenberghe: French politician, an engineer by training, who served as mayor of Arras from June 1995 to February 2011.
- Mario Girotti: Italy Actor.
- Terence Hill: Italian-German-American film actor, who debuted onscreen in 1962.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 March 1939 and get them!