Friday 29 March 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
One Million B.C., directed by Hal Roach Jr., was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1940 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Ray Davis: American singer (The Parliaments Parliament and Funkadelic) (d. 2005).
- Astrud Gilberto: Brazilian singer-songwriter.
- John Suchet: English journalist and game show host.
- Raymond Davis: American rock vocalist (Funkadelic - "Knee Deep").
- Alexander Obolensky: Russian prince and famed Rugby Union footballer who played for England.
- Joe Louis knocks out Johnny Paycheck in two rounds to retain heavyweight boxing title.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 March 1940 and get them!