Wednesday 29 March 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Buffalo Bill, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1944!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1944 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Terry Jacks: Canadian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (The Poppy Family).
- Denny McLain: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- James Diggle: FBA, classicist.
- John Suchet: British TV journalist (Independent TV News).
- William Vukovich: American race car driver in the championship car division of USAC and CART series.
- Ilsa Konrads: Latvian swimming champ who won her first award at the age of 13, 1/09/1958. Her brother Jan was a championship swimmer as well. Ilsa later became a national magazine editor.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Don't Sweetheart Me - Lawrence Welk & His Orchestra
- The Music Stopped - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?