Wednesday 29 March 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Diggle and John Suchet.
Buffalo Bill, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1944!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1944 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- James Diggle: FBA, classicist.
- John Suchet: British TV journalist (Independent TV News).
- Ilsa Konrads: Latvian swimming champ who won her first award at the age of 13, 1/09/1958.
- William Vukovich: American race car driver in the championship car division of USAC and CART series.
- Terry Jacks: Canadian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (The Poppy Family).
- Denny McLain: American baseball player and sportscaster
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 March 1944
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Don't Sweetheart Me - Lawrence Welk & His Orchestra
- The Music Stopped - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?