Saturday 29 March 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bobby Kimball [Robert Toteaux] in Vinton and Peter Hinchcliffe.
The Farmer's Daughter, directed by H.C. Potter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Juvenile Jury.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1947 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Bobby Kimball [Robert Toteaux] in Vinton: Louisiana, USA; rocker (Toto - "Roseanna", "Africa").
- Peter Hinchcliffe: co-founder (Iceland Frozen Foods).
- Aleksandr Stepenovich Viktorenko cosmonaut (Soyuz TM-3: 8, 14, 20).
- Jo Le Guen: French sailor and politician who became famous for crossing oceans by rowing.
- Inge Bödding: German sprinter.
- Robert Gordon: Director / writer (Loveless), dies at 76
- Bobby Kimball: American singer-songwriter (Toto and Yoso)
- A rebellion against French rule erupts in Madagascar.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- How are Things in Glocca Mora? - Dick Haymes
- Linda - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?