Saturday 29 March 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Teofilo Stevenson and John Hendricks.
The Man in the White Suit, directed by Alexander Mackendrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Death Valley Days.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1952!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1952 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Teofilo Stevenson: Cuba -- Heavyweight boxer (1972, 76, 80 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- John Hendricks: American businessman founded Discovery Communications.
- Teófilo Stevenson: Cuban boxer and engineer (d. 2012).
- U.S. President Harry S. Truman announces that he will not seek reelection.
- In the Hague Tribunal, Israel demands reparations worth $3 billion from Germany.
- West Ice accidents: During a severe storm in the West Ice, east of Greenland, 78 seal hunters on 5 Norwegian seal hunting vessels perish without a trace.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1952 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Be Anything (But Be Mine) - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians - Blue Tango
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?