Monday 29 March 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1954!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1954 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Karen Ann Quinlan: American right-to-die cause celebre (d. 1985).
- Karen Anne Quinlan in Scranton: Pennsylvania, USA; famous comatose patient (right to die case).
- Karen Quinlan: American coma victim since 4/15/1975, shortly after midnight, after reportedly drinking a gin and tonic and taking tranquilizers.
- Dianne Kay: American actress.
- A C-47 transport with the French nurse Genevieve de Galard on board is wrecked on the runway at Dien Bien Phu.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tony Martin - Here
- A Girl A Girl (Zoom-Ba Di Alli Nella) - Eddie Fisher
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?