Thursday 29 March 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Never Was, directed by Ronald Neame, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1956 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Vivian Martin: American astrologer and journalist who is the author of a general book on astrology that was published in the fall of 1987.
- Stephen Cole: English journalist.
- Patty Donahue: American singer (The Waitresses) (Born 1956).
- Kurt Thomas: American gymnast and actor.
- Lisa J Allen: TV reporter / lawyer.
- Sue Fogleman: LPGA golfer
- Infante Alfonso: of Spain (Born 1941).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?