Thursday 29 March 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Don't Break The Heart That Loves You by Connie Francis.
In UK Can't Help Falling In Love / Rock-A-Hula Baby by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Sweet Bird of Youth, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1962!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1962 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Billy Beane: American baseball player and manager.
- Dan Bittman: Romanian singer-songwriter (Iris).
- Ted Failon: Filipino journalist and politician.
- Kongar-ol Ondar: Russian singer (d. 2013).
- Kirk Alan Triplett in Moses Lake: Washington, USA; PGA golfer (1992 Shell Houston-second).
- Argentine President Frondizi flees from the army.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Connie Francis - Don't Break The Heart That Loves You
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Roy Orbison - Dream Baby (How Long Must I Dream)
- Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow
- Chubby Checker - Slow Twistin'
- Don & Juan - What's Your Name
- The Sensations - Let Me In
- Elvis Presley - Good Luck Charm
- Sam Cooke - Twistin' The Night Away
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?