Sunday 29 March 1970
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Wand'rin' Star by Lee Marvin was in the top 5 hits.
The Sicilian Clan, directed by Henri Verneuil, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1970!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1970 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Ruth England: English actress and producer.
- Anna Louise Strong: American communist journalist (Born 1885).
- Look to the Lilies opens at Lunt-Fontanne Theater NYC for 25 performances
- Manchester City wins 10th Europe Cup II.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- John Ono Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
- The Jaggerz - The Rapper
- Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- The Hollies - He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
- Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky
- Chairmen Of The Board - Give Me Just A Little More Time
- Badfinger - Come And Get It
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?