Thursday 29 March 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brad Bridgewater and John Oppio in Sparks.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Killing Me Softly With His Song by Roberta Flack.
In UK Cum On Feel The Noize by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
Devil in Miss Jones, directed by Gerard Damiano, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Odessa File by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Doraemon.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Gotcha.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1973!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1973 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Brad Bridgewater: United States -- 200m backstroke (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- John Oppio in Sparks: Nevada, USA; double trap (Olympics-1996).
- Mark Platt in Peterborough: Ontario, Canada; rower (Olympics-1996).
- Brandi Love: American porn actress and model.
- Marc Overmars: Dutch footballer and coach.
- US troops leave Vietnam, 9 yrs after Tonkin Resolution
- Dave Cowens wins NBA Most Valuable Player.
- The last U.S. combat troops leave South Vietnam as Hanoi frees the remaining American prisoners of war held in North Vietnam.
- Operation Barrel Roll, a covert US bombing campaign in Laos to stop communist infiltration of South Vietnam, ends.
- The last United States soldier leaves Vietnam.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)
- The O'Jays - Love Train
- Four Tops - Ain't No Woman (Like The One I've Got)
- The Stylistics - Break Up To Make Up
- Edward Bear - Last Song
- Anne Murray - Danny's Song
- Carpenters - Sing
- Vicki Lawrence - The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?