Saturday 29 May 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Dial M for Murder, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 1954!
Which were the important events of 29 May 1954 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- Robert Beaser: American composer and educator.
- Jerry Moran: American politician, junior senator of Kansas.
- John Hencken: American athlete, an Olympic swimmer who took home a gold medal for the 200M breaststroke and a bronze for the 100M backstroke in 1972 in Munich.
- Kirk and Anne Douglas married
- Pope Pius X issues holy declaration.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?