Sunday 29 May 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Stranger In Paradise by Tony Bennett was in the top 5 hits.
The Seven Year Itch, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 1955!
Which were the important events of 29 May 1955 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- Frank Baumgartl: German runner (d. 2010).
- David Kirschner: American animator producer and author.
- Mike Porcaro: American bass player (Toto) (d. 2015).
- Gordon Rintoul: Scottish historian and curator.
- Ken Schrader: American race car driver and sportscaster.
- John Hinckley: American attempted assassin who shot and wounded President Reagan, Secret Service Agent Timothy McCarthy, Press Secretary James Brady and Washington policeman Thomas Delehanty on 3/30/1981 at 2:30 PM in Washington, D.C. In December 1980, he went to Ted Kennedy's office and waited for three hours with a loaded gun to see the Senator before he gave up on the assassination attempt and left. He was found not guilty by reason of insanity and sentenced to an asylum for the mentally ill in Washington,
- Pascal Dusapin: French composer of contemporary music, who rejects the use of electronics, percussion other than timpani, and, up until the late 1990s, piano. Dusapin has composed solo, chamber, orchestral, vocal, and choral works, as well as several operas, and has been honoured with numerous prizes and awards.
- Mike Porcaro rock bassist (Toto - "Roseanna": "Africa").
- Jerry Dengler in Colorado Springs: Colorado, USA; singer (Mason Dixon - "Karen Comes Around").
- Brian Coombs: American astrologer, a long-standing member of the Boston chapter of NCGR. One of the early chapter members, Coombs was a frequent contributor to "Geocosmic Magazine." A magna cum laude graduate of Boston University with degrees in Ancient History and Latin, his main astrological interest was in the charts of Roman and Renaissance figures.
- Sut Jhally: Kenyan-born American educator
- Jordan government of Tewfik Abdul Huda resigns.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Bill Hayes - The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Fess Parker - Ballad Of Davy Crockett
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?