Tuesday 29 May 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK No Other Love by Ronnie Hilton was in the top 5 hits.
Rififi, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 1956!
Which were the important events of 29 May 1956 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- Mark Grant: English diplomat British Ambassador to the United Nations.
- La Toya Jackson : American singer-songwriter and actress.
- Larry Blackmon: rocker (Cameo - "Alligator Woman").
- LaToya Yvette Jackson in Gary: Indiana, USA; singer ("If You Feel the Funk").
- Aaisha Ali: American who was the unofficial wife of Mohammad Ali, the boxer according to news reports from The Chronicle Telegram in Elyria Ohio, December 20, 1984 and the Syracuse Herald Journal on March 23, 2001, submitted by Nick Dagan Best.
- Greg R: Rocker (Bad)
- La Toya Yvette Jackson: Gary, Indiana -- Singer (Playboy, Millipede)
- LaToya Jackson: R&B Singer
- WESH TV channel 2 in Daytona Beach-Orlando, Florida (NBC) 1st broadcast
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?