Wednesday 29 May 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
20 Million Miles to Earth, directed by Nathan Juran, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 1957!
Which were the important events of 29 May 1957 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- Steven Croft: English bishop and theologian.
- Jeb Hensarling: American lawyer and politician.
- Ted Levine: American actor.
- Mohsen Makhmalbaf: Iranian film director.
- George Bacovia [Vasiliu]: Romanian poet/composer (Plumb), dies at age 75.
- New York City Mayor Robert Wagner says he plans to confer with the New York Giants and Brooklyn Dodgers about the proposed move to the west coast.
- Laos Government of Prince Suvanna Phuma resigns.
- Algerian rebels kill 336 collaborators.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?