Thursday 29 May 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Annette Bening in Topeka and Sam Clancy.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to All I Have To Do Is Dream by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
No Time for Sergeants, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 1958!
Which were the important events of 29 May 1958 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- Annette Bening in Topeka: Kansas, USA; actress (American Beauty, Grifters, Bugsy, Valmont, The American President).
- Sam Clancy: WLAF defensive assistant coach (Barcelona Dragons).
- Annette Bening: Movie Actress.
- Wayne Duvall: American actor.
- Willem Holleeder: Dutch criminal.
- Karen Maruyama: Japanese-American actress and comedienne
- Juliano Mer-Khamis: Israeli actor, director, filmmaker and political activist (Born 1958)
- Uwe Rapolder: German footballer and coach
- Mike Stenhouse: American baseball player and sportscaster
- Juan Ramon Jimenez: Spanish writer, Nobel laureate (Born 1881).
- Real Madrid wins third Europe Cup 1 in Brussels, Belgium.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 May 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode
- The Four Preps - Big Man
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?