Tuesday 29 May 1962
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles.
In UK Nut Rocker by B Bumble & The Stingers was in the top 5 hits.
Lonely Are the Brave, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 1962!
Which were the important events of 29 May 1962 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- Robert Puddu: French criminal, who robbed three banks in Nevers in October 1991 and Bergerac in January 1992, abetted by two accomplices.
- Fandi Ahmad: Singaporean footballer coach and manager.
- Perry Fenwick: English actor and singer.
- John LeMay: American actor.
- Chloé Sainte-Marie: Canadian actress and singer.
- Michael Clark: Scottish dancer and choreographer who has collaborated with some of the most progressive talents of his generation such as fashion designers BodyMap, performance artist Leigh Bowery, musicians Wire, Laibach and The Fall.
- Eric Davis: American baseball player: outfield, Orioles
- John D LeMay: American actor
- Gerry Norquist in Portland: Oregon, USA; Nike golfer (1990 Boise Open-5th).
- Eric Davis in Los Angeles: California, USA; outfielder (Cincinnati Reds).
- Carol Kirkwood: TV Show Host
- Barbra Streisand appears on Garry Moore Show
- Negotiations between the OAS and the FLA lead to a real armistice in Algeria.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Dion - Lovers Who Wander
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- Brenda Lee - Everybody Loves Me But You
- Ernie Maresca - Shout! Shout! (Knock Yourself Out)
- Walter Brennan - Old Rivers
- Mary Wells - The One Who Really Loves You
- Gene Pitney - (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?