Saturday 29 May 1965
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Help Me, Rhonda by The Beach Boys.
In UK Ticket To Ride by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Shenandoah, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 1965!
Which were the important events of 29 May 1965 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- Charlie Hayes in Hattisburg: Mississippi, USA; third baseman (Pittsburgh Pirates, New York Yankees).
- Emilio Sanchez in Madrid: Spain; tennis player (Olympics-bronze-1988).
- Jammo Myllys: Savonlinna, Finland -- Hockey goalie (Team Finland, Olympics - Bronze - 1998).
- A mining accident in Dhanbad, India kills 274.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- The Beach Boys - Help Me, Rhonda
- The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
- The Supremes - Back In My Arms Again
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Count Me In
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- The Beau Brummels - Just A Little
- Tom Jones - It's Not Unusual
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?