Thursday 29 May 1980
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ernesto Farias and Ernesto Farías.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Funkytown by Lipps, Inc..
In UK What's Another Year by Johnny Logan was in the top 5 hits.
The Canterbury Tales, directed by Pier Paolo Pasolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventure Game.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing King & Balloon or Skiing.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 1980!
Which were the important events of 29 May 1980 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- Ernesto Farias: Argentine footballer.
- Ernesto Farías: Argentinian footballer.
- Shugo Tokumaru: Japanese singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist.
- Billy Bishop Goes to War opens at Morosco Theater NYC for 12 performances
- 53rd National Spelling Bee: Jacques Bailly wins spelling elucubrate
- J Turners Juliet & Her Nurse sold for $6,400,000 in New York City
- Larry Bird beats out Magic Johnson for NBA rookie of year.
- 53rd US National Spelling Bee: Jacques Bailly wins spelling "elucubrate".
- Attempted assassination of Vernon Jordan Jr, National Urban League president.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 May 1980
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lipps, Inc. - Funkytown
- Blondie - Call Me
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up (Live At Glasgow)
- Paul McCartney - Coming Up
- Kenny Rogers - Don't Fall In Love With A Dreamer
- Dr. Hook - Sexy Eyes
- Ambrosia - Biggest Part Of Me
- The Brothers Johnson - Stomp!
- Linda Ronstadt - Hurt So Bad
- Bob Seger - Against The Wind
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?