Saturday 29 May 1993
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maika Monroe and Tamashii Hiroka.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to That's The Way Love Goes by Janet Jackson.
In UK Five Live (EP) by George Michael & Queen With Lisa Stansfield was in the top 5 hits.
Grave of the Fireflies, directed by Isao Takahata, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Bridges Of Madison County by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Coltrane in a Cadillac.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Arabian Nights or Epic Pinball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 1993!
Which were the important events of 29 May 1993 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- Maika Monroe: Movie Actress.
- Tamashii Hiroka: YouTube Star.
- Cole Hersch: Vine Star.
- Ian Porter: YouTube Star.
- Jana Čepelová: Slovak tennis player.
- Grete Šadeiko: Estonian heptathlete
- Texas Rangers' player Jose Canseco pitches 8th inning in 15-1 loss to Boston Red Sox, he gives up three runs on two hits and three walks, and he damages his arm.
- The first Life Ball takes place in Vienna, Austria. In 2011, the event is named the largest public-charity on HIV and AIDS in Europe.
- Large protests erupt against Slobodan Milošević's regime in Belgrade opposition leader Vuk Drašković and his wife Danica are arrested.
- President of Guatemala Jorge Serrano Elías is forced to flee the country after an attempted self-coup.
- Burundian presidential election, 1993: The first multiparty elections in Burundi since the country's independence lead to the election of Melchior Ndadaye, leader of the Front for Democracy in Burundi. The next day's legislative election sees his party win with an overwhelming majority.
- The National Assembly of Venezuela designates Ramón José Velásquez as successor of suspended President Carlos Andrés Pérez.
- 24 Pakistani troops in the UN forces are killed in Mogadishu, Somalia.
- Following the Revolutionary Nationalist Movement's victory, Gonzalo Sánchez de Lozada becomes president of Bolivia.
- Mongolia holds its first direct presidential elections.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?