Monday 29 May 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Ridin' by Chamillionaire.
In UK Crazy by Gnarls Barkley was in the top 5 hits.
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, directed by Justin Lin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 May 2006!
Which were the important events of 29 May 2006 ?
- Nigeria: Democracy Day.
- Saint Theodosia
- Bah�'f Faith: Ascension of Bah�'u'llah.
- United Kingdom: Oak Apple Day.
- Venezuela: Tree Day.
- Saint Erwin
- Saint Maximinus of Trier
- Argentina: Army Day.
- Blessed Adhemar
- Johnny Backus: American child of noted parents; mother is actress Mira Sorvino and father is Chris Backus.
- Sidoarjo mud flow - World's biggest mud volcano was created by the blowout of a natural gas well being drilled in the subdistrict of Porong, Sidoarjo in East Java, Indonesia. This has resulted in displacement of more than 11,000 persons from eight villages as well as damage to road and power infrastructures. Several (Twenty-five) factories were also abandoned.
- A labor dispute causes Toronto Transit Commission to shut down the city's public transit system unexpectedly, leaving commuters stranded. (CBC)
- In the Italian municipal elections, centre-left incumbent mayors Walter Veltroni, Sergio Chiamparino and Rosa Russo Iervolino lead in Rome, Turin and Naples, respectively. In the regional election of Sicily, incumbent president Salvatore Cuffaro of the House of Freedoms leads over Rita Borsellino. (BBC)
- In Kabul, Afghanistan, thousands demonstrate against the United States after several civilians were killed in a car accident in which 3 US humvees collided with a traffic jam. (Al Jazeera)
- ''The Times'' reports on investigations into an incident in al-Haditha, Iraq, where US Marines are accused of having covered up the murder of 24 civilians after a soldier had been killed in an attack. (The Times)
- The Lebanese-based Hezbollah group threatens Israel with Iranian-made rockets. (Haaretz)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?