Wednesday 29 November 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Destry Rides Again, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1939!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1939 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Meco : American trombonist and producer.
- Peter Bergman: American actor and screenwriter (d. 2012).
- Domenico Monardo: American record producer.
- Gennadiy Volnov: USSR -- Basketball player (1972 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Philipp Scheidemann: German Social Democratic politician who, without party or government authorization, on Nov.
- Cor Klint swims world record 200 m backstroke (2:38.8)
- USSR drops diplomatic relations with Finland
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?