Friday 29 November 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Go West, directed by Edward Buzzell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1940 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Denny Doherty: Canadian singer-songwriter (The Mamas & the Papas and The Halifax III) (d. 2007).
- Oscar Chepe: Cuban-Spanish economist and journalist (d. 2013).
- Janet Smith: English lawyer and judge.
- Henry Yang: Taiwanese/Chinese-American engineer Chancellor University of California Santa Barbara.
- Michael Crandall: American mathematician.
- Chuck Mangione: American musician, producer and jazz composer, versed in the trumpet, flugelhorn, and keyboards. He was well known in jazz clubs in New York before bursting on to the pop music charts in the late '70s with his hit, "Feels So Good." Mangione has been one of the few jazz artists able to cross over to the pop music charts. His four albums from 1978 to 1980 made the Top 30 Billboard pop charts. Some critics in the music industry feel Mangione's relaxed blend of jazz paved the way for the mass popula
- Michel Lasserre:
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Scrub Me, Mama, With a Boogie Beat - Will Bradley & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 November 1940 and get them!