Sunday 29 November 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Cat People, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1942 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Ann Dunham: American noted family member, the mother of US President Barack Obama.
- Felix Cavaliere: American singer-songwriter pianist and producer (The Rascals).
- Maggie Thompson: American author and critic.
- Chatrichalerm Yukol: Thai director producer and screenwriter.
- John Grillo: English actor and playwright.
- Philippe Huttenlocher: Swiss opera singer
- Nancy Poydar: American author and illustrator of children's books, Poydar began her career as an elementary school teacher. For 14 years, she taught sixth graders in Concord, MA, using illustrated books to interest her students. Encouraging her students to read, write, and draw, she often invited artists to the classroom. Eventually she put together her own portfolio. She had studied art at the DeCordova Museum in Lincoln, Massachusetts, and the Boston Museum School after she had earned degrees in English and
- Boyd Wagner: First USAAF fighter ace of World War II (d. 1942).
- US rations coffee
- The Blue Star Line cargo liner
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Can't Get Out of This Mood - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?