Thursday 29 November 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Bambuck and Csaba Pléh.
The Bells of St. Mary's, directed by Leo McCarey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1945!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1945 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Roger Bambuck: Guadeloupe -- French 4X100 runner (1968 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Csaba Pléh: Hungarian psychologist and linguist.
- Yugoslavian Socialist Republic proclaimed
- The Federal People's Republic of Yugoslavia is declared.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Honeydripper - Jimmie Lunceford Orch v Delta Rhythm Boys
- Holiday For Strings - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
- Waitin' for the Train to Come In - Harry James & His Orchestra (Vocal Kitty Kallen)
- Waitin' for the Train to Come In - Johnny Long & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?