Friday 29 November 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Till the Clouds Roll By, directed by Richard Whorf, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1946!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1946 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Jean-Paul Bailly: French public company executive, the chairman of the group La Poste from September 2002 to September 2013.
- Brian Cadd: Australian singer-songwriter keyboard player and producer (The Groop Axiom and The Flying Burrito Brothers).
- Nathan Jung: Chinese American actor and stuntman.
- Silvio Rodríguez: Cuban singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Silvio Rodriguez: Cuban poet.
- Suzy Chaffee: American Olympic skier and occasional actor. Chafee was favored to win the gold medal in the 1968 winter Olympics held in Grenoble but came in 28th. She later said she had used the wrong wax on her skis. Even so, her fashionable and attractive appearance on skis brought her media attention and she continued to work on her freestyle skiing. In the early 1970s she won three world championships for women's freestyle skiing (1971, '72, '73). Although her Olympic team-mates had called her "Daffy Chaf
- Minister Drees begins emergency rule of old age facilities
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- It's All Over Now - Peggy Lee
- Hoagy Carmichael - Huggin' and Chalkin'
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?