Saturday 29 November 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Petra Kelly and Malcolm Grant.
Out of the Past, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Charade Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1947!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1947 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Petra Kelly: Bavarian political human rights activist, ecologist and co-founder of the Green Party.
- Malcolm Grant: New Zealand-English lawyer and academic.
- Ronnie Montrose: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Montrose and Gamma) (d. 2012).
- 35th CFL Grey Cup: Toronto Argonauts defeats Calgary Stampeders, 10-9
- UN General Assembly partitions Palestine between Arabs and Jews
- The Partition Plan: the United Nations General Assembly votes to partition Israel.
- French communist strikers derail the Paris-Tourcoing express train because of false rumors that it was transporting soldiers. 21 people are killed.
- The Tennessee Williams play ''A Streetcar Named Desire'', starring Marlon Brando in his first great role, opens at the Ethel Barrymore Theatre on Broadway. Jessica Tandy also stars as Blanche Du Bois.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?